A farewell is an occasion when a near or dear one departs from that particular place to settle done at a different location. This is an event in life that is generally saddening. It marks the starting of a period of separation.
On these occasions, it is difficult to find the right words to express to the one who is leaving. So people prefer writing farewell messages. A [highlight highlightColor=”highlight-lightblue” ]farewell message[/highlight] is the best way to convey your thoughts and feelings to a person and wish him good luck for his future.
Sample Farewell Messages
- The news of your farewell has saddened my heart. I am going to miss you in all the moments of joys and fun when you will be apart. I will always cherish the wonderful moments, may you always land up in great achievements. Good bye and stay in contact.
- You were always a great co worker to work with. On your farewell, please accept my good luck wishes. I am sure that you are going to work with excellence, may your new place greets you with success. Good bye and I look forward to stay in touch.
- On your farewell, we want to convey our sincerest blessings and good luck wishes for a prospering future. May the new door of opportunities welcome successful endeavors, good bye dear.
- I never wanted to bid you adieu. You were a great friend to me whom I always valued. Since you are looking forward for some greater opportunities, I wish you good luck so that you pursue it with utmost dedication and sincerity. Good bye friend, please stay in contact.
- As you are bidding us farewell, we wish to say you all the best. May you succeed in things that you do, we are going to miss you. All the best!
The following are a few types of Farewell Messages:
- Farewell message to friend
- Farewell message to colleague
- Farewell message to sports member
- Farewell message to teacher
To write a good farewell message, keep in mind the following points:
- Be brief and come straight to the point.
- Even if you are sad, don’t let it show in the message as the parting is also a saddening event in the recipient’s life and an emotional message will not help him/her.
- Be cheerful and wish him/her good luck for his /her future with enthusiasm.
- You can remind him of a few occasions which you shall always remember.