Answering machine messages are the messages that are commonly heard when a person does not answer a call or is too busy to answer his or her call.
These messages are pre-recorded or pre selected messages that are set on a device such as mobile phones, landline telephones or any such communication machine.
The purpose of setting answering machine message on a device is to inform the caller that the person to whom he is trying to talk is currently occupied and hence cannot answer the call. These messages are comparatively simple in tone and are set according to the receiver’s choice.
Some of the key characteristics of good answering machine messages are as follows:
[blockquote]You have reached Mr. Jackson Paul’s answering machine. I am sorry to tell you that I am busy right now. You may leave your message after the beep specifying your name and phone number. You will be contacted soon.[/blockquote]
[blockquote] The person whom you are trying to call is busy attending meetings. For any important conversation, you may leave your message after the beep. You are requested to kindly mention your name and contact number. Thanks![lockquote]
[blockquote] This is to inform you that our executives are busy attending other customers on call. Please wait for some time, you will be attended soon.[/blockquote]
- The messages should be short and precise
- [notice noticeType=”info” ]These messages must be framed in a simple and understanding language.[/notice]
- The messages must be defined and clear.
- Some of the good answering machine messages that can be commonly used are as follows:
- The person whom you are trying to call is currently busy. Please try again later or leave your message after the beep.
- [notice noticeType=”attention” ]You are our valuable customer. Please stay on line while your call is being transferred to a senior executive. Thank you![/notice]