Get well soon messages are written to one’s friend, family, colleague or any other acquaintance when the receiver has met with an accident or is ill.
These messages help lift the spirits of the receiver and also assure him of the presence of his friends and family. Get well soon messages can be written in a both formal and informal manner depending on whom it is addressed to.
If you are writing to a friend, then you can keep the tone casual by using humour too. But if you are sending it to a co-worker or someone senior, it is better to be politically correct and express your best wishes for a speedy recovery.
These Guidelines can be used for Writing get well soon Messages:
- Humour: [blockquote]It is said that laughter is the best medicine and it could not be truer as in this case. Any illness makes a person morose and so while writing a get well soon message infuse some humour into it by mentioning some jokes which will make the personal laugh and lighten the situation.[/blockquote]
- Encouragement: A sick person tends to feel alone during an illness and hence you must show your encouragement by letting the receiver know that you are there for him, and by writing your message in a positive manner.
- Sincerity: Be genuine and sincere while composing messages so that the person knows that you actually care about him.
- Offer Assistance: Ask the receiver if there is anything you can do to help him or his family in this situation
- Apt words: While framing the sentences in your get well soon message, use words which offer comfort, care, support, hope, love and peace.
- Prayers: Some people find themselves more close to God during times of illness or after having a near-death experience. Write down that you are praying for the person’s well-being.